How to Buy the Perfect Baby Shower Gift
Delight the New Mom & Baby With Our Baby Shower Shopping Guide
Baby shower gifts can be simple or elegant, traditional or creative. Any new parents will appreciate baby gifts that are unique, useful and thoughtful.|
1. Ask the new parents directly or ask their close friends and family about what they still need for their baby's arrival.
2. Use your experience as a parent (or ask someone you know who has kids): What could you not live without during the first year? Some of the essentials that new parents appreciate receiving are baby blankets and baby clothing.
3. Investigate the needs of the new parents. Do they need a baby stroller, a baby Moses basket or a stylish diaper bag?
4. Parents especially love personalized baby gifts. Consider monogrammed onesies, personalized baby blankets or a personalized wall art with the baby's name.
5. Baby keepsakes are a traditional favorite. They are special gifts that will be cherished a lifetime. Consider getting a silver baby mug or a silver picture frame. You can't go wrong with classic gifts like these.
7. Choose baby clothes in size 3 months or larger. A baby usually has a first outfit and will quickly outgrow newborn sizes.
8. To truly impress and stand out from the rest of the baby shower gifts, a unique baby gift basket is the trick. There are so many creative arrangements available that cater to girl, boy or twins. Personalized baby gift baskets offer an unforgettable touch.
9. Evaluate your spending limits. If you don't want to spend more than $50, choose baby clothing, burp cloth, or a soft baby blanket.
10. Stay away from equipment that's on sale, unless you know the parents want a particular item. There might be a reason it is on sale.
11. A popular gift item is a Moses Basket. Practical and portable, Moses baskets are a wonderful "first bed" for a baby.
12. If you can't think of what to get, you can never go wrong with a gift certificate. The parents will have fun shopping with your gift.