Baby Shopping List
What Every Mom Needs for Her New Baby
What the Baby Will Need at the Hospital
- An infant outfit
such as a stretch suit, nightgown, or sweater set
- A pair of socks or booties
- Baby receiving
blanket, cap and a heavier baby blanket
if the weather is cold
- Diapers and wipes (some
hospitals provide an initial supply of these)
- Safety pins or velcro
attaching strips, and rubber or nylon pants (if you are using cloth diapers)
- Infant car seat
Items for the Home
You'll Need to Transport the Baby
- Night lights or soft lighting
- Baby monitor
- Baby nail clippers/scissors
- Car seat - you will need
to find out the specifications for a car seat that will fit in your car. All
car seats are not made alike.
- Baby Bag/Backpack and soft carriers
bag - since this is something you will be carrying around for about three years, choose one that is comfortable and durable for you.
For The Baby's Room
- Crib and crib
- Play pen or portable
- Changing table
- Glider or rocking chair
- Clothes hamper
Items For Your Home
- Diapers or cloth diapers
- you can get a couple of different brands of diapers so you can test them out and choose your favorite.
- Baby Receiving Blankets - click here for baby blanket safety information.
- Infant Clothing - click here for baby clothing safety information.
- Breast pump - if you
plan to breastfeed.
- Bottles - be sure to
get the correct size of nipples, such as preemie, or newborn.
- Rectal or digital ear
- Washcloths and baby wipes
- Diaper rash ointment
and/or petroleum jelly
- Hooded Towels
- Diaper disposal system
- good to have, but not necessary.
Cloths and waterproof
- Bulb syringe - for suctioning
baby's nasal passages if necessary. Your baby's doctor will tell you if, when,
and how to do this.
You'll Need As The Baby Gets Older
- Outlet protectors
- Books, Music
- Baby Walker
- High Chair
Please visit BlissLiving.com for all your baby
Copyright © 2004 - 2014, Bliss Living, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Baby Gifts: Diaper Bags: Mother Jewelry: Baby Nursery Room Decor: Art for Baby & Kids: Mothers Necklaces